Install gives error: Cannot find feature.xml file

Oct 2, 2009 at 9:23 PM

Hello,

I downloaded and unzipped; edited InstallSolution.cmd according to the directions in the PDF documentation.

However, when I run InstallSolution.cmd I get the following error:  Failed to find the XML file at location '12\Template\Features\ScheduleAlertJob\f
eature.xml'

I looked, and sure enough - ther is no ScheduleAlertJob directory under 12\Template\Features.

Should this be created automatically as part of the Install? Or do I need to create this directory and copy the xml file into it? There is no feature.xml file in the zip file, so I would need to receive this xml file first in order to copy it into the dirtory?

Anyone else have this issue? How can I get a copy of the feature.xml file? And why wasn't it included in the the Installation?

Thanks,

Peter

Dec 7, 2009 at 2:17 PM

I Have the same problem Peter, I was trying this feature on a virtual machine and the problem is the same...

Does anyone have the solution Please ?

Dec 7, 2009 at 8:15 PM

I, too, am having this problem. Once installed (with error), I cannot find where to activate it, either.

Mar 23, 2010 at 5:45 PM

Guys,

I am so sorry for leaving you out of nowhere. Actually the installation script is just too quick to activate the feature. I have updated the installation script with ping 60 seconds to localhost before activating the feature.

Currently I am working with the new release, after seeing that lot of people are intereting with this functionality.

Best regards,

Riwut